OpenShift Container Platform Administration is a hands-on, lab-based course that teaches system administrators how to install, configure and manages Openshift Container Platform instances. The OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering, which provides predefined deployment environments for applications of all types through its use of container technology. This enables an environment that supports DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure as code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
Participants will learn how to install and configure an OpenShift Container Platform cluster consisting of a master and nodes, test the instance by deploying real world application, and manage projects and applications through hands-on labs.
- Instructor-Led Training, Classroom with Hands-on Lab
Who should attend
- System administrators
- DevOps architects
- 3 Day
- Basic understanding of Cloud
- Basic understanding of Linux commands
Module 1:Introduction to OpenShift Container Platform
- Review features and architecture of OpenShift Container Platform
Module 2:Install OpenShift Container Platform
- Install OpenShift Container Platform and configure a master and node.
Module 3:Execute commands
- Execute commands using the command line interface.
Module 4:Build applications
- Create, build, and deploy applications to an OpenShift Container Platform instance
Module 5:Persistent storage
- Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
Module 6:Build applications with source-to-image (S2I)
- Create and build applications with S2I and templates.
Module 7:Manage the system
- Use OpenShift Container Platform components to manage deployed applications.
Module 8:Customize OpenShift Container Platform
- Customize resources and processes used by OpenShift Container Platform.
Module 9:Advance installation
- Install OpenShift using advance installation method.
Module 10:Resizing Openshift Cluster
- Add/remove node from existing OpenShift cluster.
Lab 1: Managing containers with Docker
Lab 2: Preparing for Installation
Lab 3: Installing packages and fetching images
Lab 4: Running the installer
Lab 5: Completing Post-Installation Tasks
Lab 6: Configuring Authentication
Lab 7: Testing the installation
Lab 8: Installing and Connecting to the OpenShift instance with OC
Lab 9: Managing an OpenShift instance using oc
Lab 10: Creating a Pod from a Docker Image
Lab 11: Creating a Service
Lab 12: Creating a Route
Lab 13: Implementing Persistent Database Storage
Lab 14: Creating a Persistent Registry
Lab 15: Building an Application with S2I
Lab 16: Creating an Application with a Template
Lab 17: Limiting Resource Usage
Lab 18: Scaling an Application
Lab 19: Customizing a Deployment
Lab 20: Deploying an S2I custom image
Lab 21: Customizing Builds
Lab 22: Install OpenShift using advance installation method.
Lab 23: Resize OpenShift Cluster