Do you love problem solving? Do you love working with cutting edge technology? If so, we want you.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical and customer service skills with the ability to promote positive interactive exchanges with others. They have the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited direction in an environment where priorities can change rapidly. They are competent in communicating technical information to technical as well as non-technical individuals. They are expected to demonstrate attention to detail and to be analytical with solid deductive reasoning skills and be able to troubleshoot user issues with clear, concise and professional communication skills.
- Milpitas, CA
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Analyze network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, or server function.
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Configure wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Problem Solving
- Linux Knowledge
- LAN Knowledge
- Proxy Servers
- Understanding of Virtual Machines
- Networking Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Network Troubleshooting
- Network Hardware Configuration
- Network Performance Tuning
- Strong Linux Understanding
- Independent Worker
- Recent college graduate in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 1 Year working in Computer Lab or Network environment
- Background check required
Job Type: Contract
- Networking & Virtualization: 1 year
- Lab Admin: 1 year