Cisco UCS Admin
Cisco UCS Administrator (Contract)
- Milpitas, CA
- Knowledgeable, creative, hardworking individual to provide exceptional customer service in a fast-paced operations environment supporting a mission critical UCS environment.
- The system administrator is responsible for troubleshooting operational maintenance and support of the existing UCS environment.
- Configure and deploy new UCS Domains
- Firmware, patching and backups of UCS Domains
- Troubleshooting (UCS Visio/MOP’s)
- Work with engineers and project leads to implement new systems, policies, standards and practices.
- Document server administration processes and procedures.
- Basic understanding of network and storage networks.
- Working on Virtualization (VM) based technology
- Windows 2003/2008/2008R2 Server and or RHEL support and troubleshooting or administrative and troubleshooting.
- Experience with UCS Enterprise environments (experience administering Cisco UCS, including experience installing / provisioning all UCS domain components , including fabric interconnects, chassis, blades, service profiles, pools, policies, templates, and firmware) also familiar with other UCS tools (UCS Central/Performance Manager).
- Enterprise server management experience.
- Experience with Clustering
- Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large server environment.
- Must have experience with administering (installing, supporting, maintaining, designing) enterprise infrastructure underpinning server virtualization, preferably in VMware 5.x and 6.x
- Experience with VMware ESXi
- TCP/IP knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory sites and service, Group Policy and DNS/DHCP, shares and permissions.
- Experience with Cisco Enterprise class servers
- Experience with UCS PowerShell scripting
- Experience with standardizing server configurations (i.e CPU, RAM, RAID)
- Experience with shell scripting and automation tools
- Experience with large integration efforts a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong documentation skills and recognizes the need for such
- Thrives in dynamic, independent learning environments
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years equivalent experience.
- UCS Enterprise: 1 year
- Administering Enterprise Infrastructure: 1 year