Location: Milpitas, CA
Type: Contract to Hire
As an Associate Software Automation Test Engineer you’ll work with our Software Development team. Typical responsibilities include testing, planning, scripting, and executing software for internal and customer-facing applications. You’ll work with developers, project managers, network engineers, and stakeholders throughout the SDLC. In order to be successful, familiarity with lab environments, technology, architecture, and platform knowledge is crucial.
Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and proactive in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with product/project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of testing objectives
- Design and create test conditions/scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Develop and lead automation strategy and effort while generating scripts to perform automated testing cycles
- Execute and analyze automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging issues with different teams to establish a root cause for identification and resolution
- Document, track, and escalate issues when appropriate while using Quality Center or similar tools/means
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Execute test iterations, tracking/reporting results, troubleshooting, and coordinating defect resolution
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical background and an understanding of the telecom industry
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages like Python, JAVA, C++, Ruby, etc.
- Database skills, mainly in SQL Server
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on Unix/Linux variants
- Good understanding of object oriented programming and programming experience using Python
- Knowledge of automated testing tools – preferably using Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of SDLC process and QA lifestyle methodology
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related degree
To be a good fit:
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Flexible, independent, and self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to Cloud technologies
- SDLC process and QA lifestyle methodology: 1 year